Friday, October 3, 2008

Good News

Shannan has been moved to the medical ward! Praise God. There was question of doing another kidney dialysis and they are doing blood tests currently. Things are still moving slowly with the kidney's so we don't have an expected departure date yet.

The extra good part... She is currently with baby, Ian Timothy. That's right, he has a name. She is trying to nurse and hopefully going to pump when she can. Her milk has not come in, but she remains hopeful. It's hard to balance kidney function and her body working to sustain the life of another.

She would love to have visitors tomorrow. Here are a few ground rules:

1). Visiting Hours: Noon - 6:30 p.m.
This will give her private time in the morning to see the kids and then the evening to unwind.
2). Keep your visit under 10 minutes. We know there are lots of people that would love to see Shannan, but she is still VERY tired and weak. Your face and kind words will make a tremendous difference in her spirits, but your long stay, may make her more exhausted than need be.

Another praise, lots of women are pumping for Shannan. I know for some this is strange, but to Shannan this means SO much to her. We are thankful and baby is eating great! If you know Tim and Shannan, are nursing and your baby is under a year (preferably 6 months) she will take whatever you can pump.

ONE LAST THING: If you have been trying to comment and are unable, I've changed the settings...you may now comment without being an account holder. Just comment anonymously and list your name in the box. COMMENT AWAY! They would love them!

Thanks again friends. Your prayers, help, cards and gifts are MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.

3 comments:

Along For the Ride said...

YEA!!! Such good news!! I was at your house today Shannan and I was discouraged when I heard things weren't as good as they had hoped - and I came home and sent out another big e-mail to people I know all over the country/world who have been praying for you continuously. I'm so excited you finally get to be with your beautiful little boy!! ((HUGS))

Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannan, I would love to come see you, but I am choosing to stay away because of illness. I seem to have the beginnings of a cold, Lauren was running a fever yesterday, and you know the deal with Emily. I know when the girls were infants my first priority was keeping them away from illness. However, I was canning again yesterday, and could not get you off my mind. You are in my constant prayers, and we are praying for Tim and the kids as well. We love you.

Deanna (for the Family)

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannan, I am glad to hear you are possibly going home tomorrow. I would like to visit, yet want to make sure you are not on people overload. I will try to contact Kim and see what would be better. But in any case we love you and are praying for you.
Angela