Monday, October 13, 2008

The Journey Back

Shannan has been home since yesterday afternoon, so now we are getting accustomed to a new schedule that is going to include dialysis 3 times per week until it is no longer needed. One of the problems is that the treatments filter everything out of her blood, including the blood pressure meds that are regulating her blood pressure until the kidneys come back online sufficiently. Please pray that they figure out how to prevent the blood pressure from skyrocketing during treatment.

On Mondays, we may need assistance in picking Shannan up from her dialysis on 106th and Stark, as I have to be at work at 9:00. (Her appointments are ending about 9:30 am).

Please pray that we will not have to continue these treatments for long. According to the Nephrologist, because Shannan had pre-eclampsia after the second pregnancy instead of the first, there is an increased chance she will need to be on blood pressure medication permanently. Please continue praying that 1) the kidney function will return completely, and 2) that this will handle the blood pressure sufficiently so that she will not need to be on medication long-term.

God is definitely showing himself to us and many others through this ordeal. Praise God for His ability to show His strength in our weakness, and that we can count it as joy that we encounter trials that He uses to grow us and bring glory and honor to His name!

Tim

2 comments:

Along For the Ride said...

I can probably pick Shannan up on Monday's. I might have the girls with me, but I am off on Mondays.

Let me know!

Marcia

Anonymous said...

This is Deb Davis. Our family went to Montavilla until about 7 years ago. We still get the Teambuilders Prayer sheet by email, so I've been keeping up with the Swindler's blog and looking for a way I could help. We live very close to the dialysis place at 106 and Stark, and I would be pleased to take Shannon home on Mondays after her treatments if there is still a need for that. I'm available every Monday for the forseeable future except Nov. 3, when I have to work in the morning. Thanks.
debdavis@strawberrycreek.net